- (2012) “Civilization, Dialogue, Security: The Challenge of Post-Secularism and the Limits of Civilizational Dialogue”, Review of International Studies, vol.38, no.5, 1099-1115.
- (2012) “Turkey’s ‘Geopolitics Dogma’” in The Return of Geopolitics in Europe? Social Mechanisms and Foreign Policy Identity Crises, Edited by Stefano Guzzini (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press)
- (2012) ‘Security in the Arab World and Turkey: Differently Different’ in Thinking International Relations Differently, Edited by Arlene Tickner, David L. Blaney (London: Routledge)
- (2012) ‘Continuing Appeal of Critical Security Studies’ in Critical Theory in International Relations and Security Studies: Interviews and Reflections, Edited by Shannon Brincat, Laura Lima, Joao Nunes (London: Routledge)
- (2012) “Globalization and In/Security: Middle Eastern Encounters with International Society and the Case of Turkey” in The Middle East and Globalization: Encounters and Horizons, Edited by Stephan Stetter (London and New York: Palgrave).
- (2012) “Turkey and Europe: Discourses of ‘Inspiration’ and ‘Anxiety’ in Turkish Foreign Policy” Review of European Studies (co-authored)
- (2012) ‘Critical Theory’, in Security Studies: An Introduction, 2nd ed., Paul Williams, Ed. (London: Routledge) (text-book)